The 12 resolutions taken by the ASN Commission on 5 May 2011 require the various operators of nuclear installations to prepare a report in response to detailed specifications, according to the following time-line:
- 1 June 2011: submit a memorandum presenting the selected methodology for conducting the assessment, the organisation implemented to meet the deadlines set and the detailed structure planned for the report;
- 15 September 2011: for priority installations including nuclear power plants, the operators send a report presenting the conclusions of the assessment. This report will propose additional studies and an appropriate time-line for them;
- 15 January 2012: submit memoranda with the methodology for lower priority installations;
- 15 September 2012: send reports for lower priority installations.
In order to analyse the reports for priority installations, ASN referred to IRSN and two permanent expert groups (GPE) for reactors and plants. These experts worked to the following time-line:
- 6 July 2011: meeting and opinion of GPE on methodology memoranda;
- 19 July 2011: ASN position statement on methodology memoranda;
- beginning of November 2011: report from IRSN on complementary safety assessments of priority installations;
- 8-10 November 2011: GPE meeting to analyse operators' reports.
ASN will issue its report on the complementary safety assessments (CSA) at the end of 2011.