Meeting between the ASN Commission and representatives from the Japan Nuclear Technology Institute
The ASN Commission received a Japan Nuclear Technology Institute delegation on 29 March 2011.
The Commission first renewed expressions of sympathy to the Japanese people following the dramatic events the country was experiencing.
The Japanese delegates and members of the Commission discussed:
- the assessment of seismic and tsunami hazards;
- Fukushima Daiichi reactor design;
- the sequence of events starting on 11 March 2011 and the action taken;
- the current state of affairs regarding the spent fuel pools and reactors;
- environmental conditions on and around the site;
- work to be carried out regarding experience feedback.
ASN repeated the offer of assistance it sent its Japanese counterparts on 17 March 2011.